Tuesday 4 November 2008

19th October - mother's delight


After a particularly horrible journey back to the midlands, comprising a Thames Clipper full of tourists, an inordinately long journey, and an over-melted tuna melt baguette, this is what my mum had made for dinner.

By this point I was so cranky from travel blah, lack of sleep and lack of food, I would've been happy eating stones, but this was better than stones.

There was naan bread (coriander something...from le supermarché, warmed up in the toaster), coconut chicken, began ka bhrtha (aubergines smooshed up with onion, lemon juice and mustard oil), runner beans from the garden with red onion and Things and a successful rocket and chickpeas item with cumin and possibly something else. Ah my discerning palate (!). I was hungry.

There was also some beautifully fluffy white basmati rice on the side, along with a small bowl of chopped red pepper and carrot - this was dressed with sesame oil, balsamic vinegar and garlic powder. Try this if you haven't - it's strangely moreish.

I was substantially less grumpy after eating this, but substantially more sleepy...mind you, I still had room for a puff pastry mince pie (source unknown) heated up and served with a dollop of clotted cream.

Add to Technorati Favorites

No comments: