Tuesday 21 October 2008

My life in food

Seeing as I spend a LOT of my time secretly busying my mind with questions such as, "what can I do with that cabbage?" and "maybe I could use that dinner up if I bake a potato, and..." - I thought it might be interesting to document all my lunches and dinners. And my baking, of course. A combination of sweet and savoury - though of course there are many bakeable main meals.

At the moment, there's no thrilling outcome I expect from this - I don't plan to dazzle you with my, er, variable diet. I don't have a hypothesis - I'm just curious about what'll happen if instead of ruminating internally about my next meal, I write my ponderings down. And given some of the things I've eaten in the past few days, maybe I can switch people on and off things. I don't expect any kind of miracles, but maybe you will be tempted by my mum's Indian attack on chickpeas and rocket, for example.

My battery's running low (not just the one in my laptop...) so I'm going to sign off for now.

Just a reminder that there will be lots of events in honour of National Apple Day tomorrow - from what I can work out, it's always 21st October. Seems Gloucestershire are going particular loopy on the apples, but if you are a Londoner like me there are plenty of events this weekend.

It's pretty yum to have National Baking Week AND National Apple Day all in the same week...I better make the most of it; I've got some Cox's apples lurking in the kitchen and have been thinking to turn them into mini crumbles with cream. If I was a free woman, I might see how they are in tarte tatin but I think I might need Bramleys for that...I'll investigate.

Add to Technorati Favorites

No comments: