Tuesday 28 October 2008

11th October - fennel and potato gratin


My latest food adventure has been to sign up to get a small mixed organic box from Abel and Cole - less because they were organic, more because I can get surprise fruit and veg to my door every other Tuesday.

This serves several purposes - the box often contains things I wouldn't voluntarily buy. Unless I don't like the taste of anything on the list (a rarity) I won't remove it from that week's box. But I do have to think of something yum to make
with it! Somewhat inspiring.

Aside from that (and how selective it is - hate aubergines? You'll never have to have a single one) I
ordered some soups (Mushroom Soup with Tarragon and Juniper - yum, Caremelised Onion - don't bother) and some brie too. In fact, I can add bits and bobs to my delivery as and when I like, then just send the boxes back with them the next time.

I get a box every other week, but now that I've
been made redundant and can eat all meals at home, I think I might try getting one every week for a bit.

So, this particular week I got fennel and potatoes as two of my ingredients.

Fennel is YUM. Potatoes are good comfort food. Throw in cream and nutmeg and milk and put parmesan on top and you'll decide not to eat cheese for days...but then you'll have leftovers!







Before it went in the oven...I was too greedy after it came out to remember to take a picture!






Add to Technorati Favorites

No comments: