Monday 22 December 2008

The getting of job

The getting of job is somewhat problematic, because it requires readjusting to what it's like not having acres of time to yourself.

So, I need to get back to blogging! I've got two weeks off now for the catch-up period, but I must keep up when I go back to work...maybe I should take my laptop and write on the train to work. Plan!

So what you've missed - as well as baking/making of desserts (lemon and lime syllabub, chocolate and banana muffins, blueberry and lemon friands, OTHER), I have also been concocting Christmas gifts with the help of my Marguerite Patten book, The Basic Basics - Jams, Preserves and Chutneys

They call her the "doyenne of British cookery" on that there page, but I believe she was once The Face of the WI.

Anyway, so I also made spiced pickling vinegar for my pickled onions (NB - if you ever make pickled onions, your fingers will smell and look like onion for several days)...and of course the pickled onions, apple and pear chutney, and piccalilli. The latter is the one I'm most looking forward to tasting, because is smelt SO good. My mouth is watering now, but then I do love a pickle.

I've made oodles of rocky road too, though I'm yet to make my housemate's preferred version containing glacé cherries and raisins. Lucky for her it's her birthday this week, so when she's back in London she can have some of that. I'll be interested to see if it tastes as good. My first batch was the best.

So, on to updating...

Add to Technorati Favorites

No comments: